MIM process application
(1) Automotive parts: parts for airbags, parts for car locks, parts for seat belts, car door lift systems, pinions, small parts for automotive air conditioning systems, racks in brake systems, etc. small parts in the sensor;
(2) Computer and IT industries: such as mobile phone card trays, mobile phone structural parts, printer parts, magnetic cores, striker pins, drive parts, optical communication ceramic plugs;
(3) Tools: such as drill bits, cutter heads, nozzles, spiral milling cutters, pneumatic tools, parts for fishing gear, etc.;
(4) Household appliances: such as watch cases, watch chains, electric toothbrushes, scissors, golf heads, jewelry links, cutting tool heads and other parts;
(5) Electrical parts: micro motors, sensor devices;
(6) Mechanical parts: such as textile machines, crimping machines, office machinery parts, et
Difficulties with MIM
(1) Control the dimensional accuracy of parts
There is still a certain gap between the accuracy of metal injection molded parts and the accuracy achieved by traditional powder metallurgy methods. There is still room for improvement in accuracy, mainly through fine process control, and sometimes secondary processing, such as machining, heat treatment and polishing.
(2) Reduce production costs
Save costs by optimizing production processes, standardizing operations, recycling waste, and more.
The future development direction of MIM
Although MIM is attracting more and more attention, its scale is still small compared with traditional processing technology, and there is still great potential for development. The nascent MIM industry also needs us to take a series of efforts to develop and expand it, such as formulating industrial standards, accelerating industrialization, improving the quality of practitioners, researching and developing equipment, and winning customers.
(1) Multi-directional expansion of the material system
Injection molding technology is an ideal near-net-shape technology that can be economically formed, close to the final desired shape, and requires little or no subsequent processing after sintering. In the production of fine ceramics, it is mainly used in carbides, cermets, inorganic non-metallic ceramics, oxide ceramics, intermetallic compounds and so on.
(2) Diversification of binders and multi-channel degreasing technology
Many binder systems based on cellulose acetate, polyethylene glycol polymer, acrylic polymer and agar have been further developed and applied. Computer-aided control thermal degreasing technology, solvent degreasing technology, catalytic degreasing technology, freeze-drying technology, microwave-assisted drying technology are all used in the degreasing research of binder.
(3) More advanced equipment with more precise control
The research of computer-controlled injection molding machine and related online quality monitoring and control system and the development of computer-aided degreasing key equipment technology are the current and future focus directions. Forming equipment, such as powder synchronous injection molding machines, utilizes a controlled and coordinated dual injection molding machine to produce composite parts.
(4) In terms of industry, a related industry chain should be formed, and the industry should be intensively cultivated and meticulously cultivated.
Only by thoroughly understanding the technology and engineering capabilities, forming an ecological industrial chain, and forming a group of industrial chains, can we resist risks and accelerate development.
Post time: Feb-25-2022